Advanced Internet Technology
- Grid Computing:a step-by-step introduction(Day 2)
- How to transmit/receive confidential data to/from remote nodes?
- How to share secret among distant nodes?
- How to disseminate public key?
- User certificate example
- CA certificate example
- Who is authorized to use remote computing resources?
- Single sign-on
- Data management
- Data management questions
- Data management strategies
- More research-oriented topics
- Scheduling(resource allocation / co-allocation)
- Grid application areas:functional decomposition
- Grid: a research topic or useful tool?
- Grid: witness the evolution
- Step 3: Understand Grid standardization
- From operating system perspective
- Grid interoperability problem
- Work items for standardization
- GGF: global grid forum
- Relationship with other standard bodies
- Step 4: Understand Grid operation
- Formulate your problem
- Choosing Grid toolkit
- Grid toolkit characteristics(1): NetSolve
- Grid toolkit characteristics(2): Globus