SOI Student Environment
This page describes the environment that is needed to get the SOI lecture.
You will need below applications/environment when participating in a lecture.
Please install all the applications that is needed before participating in a lecture.
If you have any comments or questions, please e-mail to
Please refer to each lecture sites for special requirements.
- Web Browser - Lecture contents and materials are delivered mainly by Web Browser.
- E-mail Account - Communications regarding the lecture will be sent by an e-mail.
Please prepare some mail application that you can see and write e-mails.
- Homepage - Reports should be published in each students' homepage, and the URL
should be registered using SOI system. Students should be able to see the web page that
you have created.
- Video Player - Lectures will be distributed by Video and Web page. To see the lecture video, please install RealPlayerG2 or later version. If you have older versions, please install new version, and see the lecture. Please refer to the Real Networks pagefor further information.
- IRC - Discussion with other students will be done through Internet Relay Chat.
Please install one of IRC clients. Please refer to IRC
Copyright(c), 1997 - 2002 by WIDE University. All rights reserved.